Counting the calories

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Backyard Progress update

OK, so I thought I would share my progress on the backyard even though I am not quite finished. Playground

I have a little path to make at the  other end of the bridge and then add bark and plant to the rest. Some strategic placement of the lava rock, that has been sitting patiently for over a year, and I will be done. Then on to the Antenna, garage cleaning ....
So this is the Play toy that I made for the boys about 17 years ago.
J8

Then Joanie had an idea ....
Let's tear the toy down and make a firepit!
She's so cute isn't she?P1050147-55a


So I kept digging, and digging, through one 4th of July …

 

P1020729-32

and here we are now just passing a second 4th and I am still not done but I am close enough to get excited about it. Swinging Bridge has been brutally tested and has passed with flying colors – 3/16” Stainless Steel cable with 1/4” turnbuckles at each corner and double redundancy on the cable clamps. Yes, I don’t expect this to go anywhere soon. 
B-} (evil engineer smile)

Firepit has become a wonderful gathering for friends and family and I am so glad Joanie got talked into using the 5/*- rock instead of pavers. Was not looking forward to that. She has added some great plants and the yard looks beautiful. Now, all I need to do is build those benches around the deck and she will be happy. Did I tell you how much I love my wife. :-p

No comments: